Some owners of Samsung Galaxy Note8 began to receive an update to Android 8.0 Oreo. Despite lack of official comments, the " lucky ones " installed the firmware R16NW.N950FXXU2CRA1.DM on your fear and risk - and all went well.
Obviously, this is just a test run. Since the update was all owners of Galaxy Note8, you can conclude that this is a test before the large-scale release of Android 8.0 Oreo.
Why is this strange?
It's amazing, but Galaxy Note 8 is not even participated in beta program . Now the test firmware was received only by a small group of owners of Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus, and the " trial " of the beta version will be completed on January 15. Yes and at Samsung has not yet comment on the update Galaxy Note8.
Owners of the devices that received the firmware report some innovations, including:
- keyboard update;
- features support for "Picture-in picture " ;
- opening a special application menu with a long click on the icon;
- secret folder can remain open until As long as the screen does not will go out;
- support for the AutoFill API (in including from biometrics) for all applications and browser;
- color multimedia notifications;
- category of notifications;
- setting for notification icons;
- the keyboard supports the search for GIF images ;
- additional options for highlighting the edges of the display;
- The ability to back up a secret folder in the Samsung cloud;
- support for high-quality Bluetooth audio codecs;
- password management of standard and third-party applications with using the Samsung Pass.
In addition, the firmware has brought and January security patch.
Source: Reddit , The Android Soul