By motives of the CES exhibition Business Insider published a curious column. AT it is about one of the main trends of the exhibition - use of artificial intelligence in TVs. Given that each manufacturer sees the role of AI in different ways at TV, a picture of our relationship with TV is very interesting.
What can a TV with AI
- Switch channels to voice. Increase or decrease the volume. Include a specific transfer. AT in general, replace the console, which is constantly lost. Nothing unusual here.
- Learn more about show that you see. For example, its rating on IMDB, the number of seasons , etc. In general, the replacement of Wikipedia, but from interesting nuances. For example, a voice assistant can be asked to find information about actor in frame - his filmography, date of birth , etc.
- It will be possible to find out the score of a sports match, team statistics or some specific data on to a particular player, not switching channel.
- Improve the quality of the original picture. This primarily applies to 8K TVs from Samsung.
- TV by can replace Amazon Alexa, carrying out purchases in store with using voice commands, include themed playlists on Spotify or look for funny videos on YouTube is in the mood. Well and manage a smart house.
When will this happen?
AT Business Insider believe that if most TV models from CES will go to serial production, then trend on TV from AI become commonplace already in the next year or two . Moreover, voice assistants do not need to come up again, everything is already developing with leaps and bounds.
Source: Business Insider
Read in Russian: Business Insider: ИИ убьет пульт от телевизора и полностью изменит наши отношения с ТВ