Best Wireless Presentation Systems
Why Wireless Presentation Systems?
The Best Wireless Presentation Systems do not just save you from the cables. Modern solutions turn a conference room or classroom into a highly efficient collaborative space. They allow you to share content from practically any device and designed with BYOD environments in mind. But the more products appear on the market, the more confusing it is to make the right choice. In this review we'll focus on popular systems for various applications, from small meeting rooms to large corporate venues.
We have tested 5 wireless presentation systems and paid special attention to easy handling, image quality, quantity of users etc. Once you have tried a wireless presentation system, you will never want to go back, as such a system allows you to interactively design your presentation and take it to the totally new, highly professional level.
Best Wireless Presentation Systems – Overview & Rating
|Author's Choice||BenQ InstaShow S WDC10
|People's Choice||Barco ClickShare CSE-200
|Premium Choice||Barco ClickShare CSE-800
|Best Budget||OREI WHD-VCP2T-K Wireless HDMI Extender Kit
|Dongle Free Choice||Kramer VIA GO2
Detailed Overview of the Best Wireless Presentation Systems
- Simultaneous Users (Up to): 2
- Max. Number of Presenters (Up to): 16
- Max. Resolution: 1080p Full HD; Max. Range: 30 feet
Model has got several important updates, including support for 1080p Full HD resolution and split-screen sharing for up to 2 people. The main advantage of the Benq solution is that the presentation person does not need to install the application on a laptop. InstaShow S is extremely easy to set up and will work with any operating system. You only need to plug a transmitter into HDMI and USB ports and press the button to start the presentation.
App-free architecture and AES 128-bit security encryption ensure that your company's confidential data are protected from bad actors. Enables instant collaboration out of the box with two buttons and can support up to 16 different presenters or sources with the purchase of additional buttons. On the touch-enabled display you can switch slides and manage your laptop's applications via a touch screen, but the Touch Back feature is only available for Windows. BenQ InstaShow S WDC10 comes with two HDMI buttons and a storage bin.
- Easy to use. No drivers or other software required
- Up to 2 users can share the screen at the same time
- Secure data transmission without connecting to the corporate network (but you have that option too)
- You can share your smartphone screen
- If your laptop does not have an HDMI or USB-A port, you will need an adapter
- No content source moderator function
- Simultaneous Users (Up to): 2
- Max. Number of Presenters (Up to): 16
- Max. Resolution: 1080p@60Hz; Max. Range: 100 feet
Barco ClickShare CSE-200 consists of two parts: Base Unit and ClickShare Buttons. The Unit is the heart of the system and plugs into the display or projector, while ClickShare Buttons are connected to a PC or Mac. On both Linux laptops and Chromebooks it is possible to mirror the screen with the Chrome browser, wireless casting from Android and iOS is also supported. This model is designed for small and medium-sized meeting rooms. Two people can share presentations on the same screen at the same time, and the moderation function allows you to manually select whose content to broadcast (stream). Equipped with dual-band Wi-Fi, the CSE-200 easily displays HD video. There is also a Touch back function to work on touch panels.
The standard package includes two ClickShare Buttons with USB-A connector. They are also available as transmitters for modern laptops with USB-C ports. Support is also on the high level - Barco regularly releases updates and security patches. You can connect the CSE-200 directly to a projector, and the motorized projector screen will help to get the best picture possible without cluttering the space.
- Easy to set up, no training required
- Moderator mode to avoid accidentally switching the screen during the presentation
- Wide range of connectivity options
- Hardware Buttons support only Windows and Mac
- Simultaneous Users (Up to): 8
- Max. Number of Presenters (Up to): 64
- Max. Resolution: 4K@60Hz; Max. Range: 100 feet
The company's flagship wireless presentation system can be connected to not just one, but to two 4K displays at once with up to 4 different screens on each. It enables teams to collaborate more effectively and boost productivity during meetings. If necessary, you can appoint a moderator to switch between speakers without unnecessary confusion. The ClickShare CSE-800 also supports additional security features. Depending on the needs of the company, the moderator can choose between three security levels, for example, enable passcode requests in the mobile application.
When connected to the CSE-800 touch screen, it allows for blackboarding and annotation. Tagged images can be saved in PDF format, and all connected users will receive a copy. In the rest, the device works similarly to other models of the manufacturer. It comes with four Buttons and the ClickShare application is also available.
- Compatible with desktops and mobile devices
- Up to 8 simultaneous users on two screens
- Moderation and security features - especially valuable for large companies
- Allows interactivity through a touch screen
- Buttons work only with PC and Mac
- Simultaneous Users (Up to): 1
- Max. Number of Presenters (Up to): 2
- Max. Resolution: 1080p; Max. Range: 50 feet
Wireless HDMI extenders are a low-cost alternative to professional presentation systems. They can't work with multiple signal sources at the same time, but are good enough for mirroring your laptop screen to a TV in 1080p resolution. OREI kit consists of two transmitter dongles and a box-shaped receiver with detachable antenna. Each dongle can be plugged into an HDMI port and uses USB for power. No need to install drivers or software applications. Despite the declared range of 50 feet, the manufacturer states it will not transmit through walls.
The OREI wireless HDMI extender seems to have no problems with overheating, as some competitors suffer. It supports multiple transmitters, but it's not a tool for collaboration. You can only switch between different signal sources with the press of a button on the dongle.
- Plug and play: no drivers, no software required
- Video transmission without noticeable delays
- Only one presenter at a time
- Dongle requires external power supply, the cable can block other ports
Dongle Free Choice
- Simultaneous Users (Up to): 2
- Max. Number of Presenters (Up to): 254
- Max. Resolution: 4K@30Hz; Max. Range: N/A
By default Kramer VIA GO2 uses the corporate network. The presenter only needs to connect to office Wi-Fi, open a web page and enter the access code. The device supports Miracast and AirPlay, Kramer also offers desktop and mobile applications with additional features. The device is very compact and requires no external adapters. However, if your employees are used to hardware buttons, optional USB dongles VIA Pad are available to order.
Two users can simultaneously present their content, and Do Not Disturb function prevents accidental screen switching. The client application offers strong 1024-bit encryption. The network administrator can set up the built-in Wi-Fi module as a secondary access point for guests for security reasons.
- Fully wireless screen sharing platform
- Support for all major OSes: Windows, MacOS, Chrome OS, iOS and Android
- Remote users may participate in the presentation as well
- IT administrator must ensure that network segmentation is properly configured
- The more users at the same time, the more bandwidth will be needed
What are the Benefits of Wireless Presentation Systems?
This is not always the case to begin the meeting on time, because at least one or maybe two people are trying to handle the cable chaos or to join the presentation. Other people are trying to find someone from the IT department to avoid completely disrupting the schedule and still make sure that the meeting can get started. Then you find out that one of the presenters can’t join you and some important info may be missing. If you want to avoid similar situations, installation of a wireless multiuser presentation system is an optimal solution. Let’s see its pros in detail.
- Presentation is available in every meeting room within shortest possible time
- Presentation can begin immediately
- Information can be shared between users without any delay
- All meeting members are engaged in the presentation or informed about all important issues discussed, even if participating from a distance.
- Positive influence on general productivity and effectiveness of the work process.
- Image and sound are transmitted wirelessly to the audio and video equipment in your room.
- It does not matter whether your team uses laptop, iPad, Mac, iPhone or Android devices. You don't have to configure anything or adjust any resolutions. And all of this wirelessly, without any cable chaos. So it is not necessary to learn another unknown device before every presentation, which saves much time and effort.
- Makes your meetings more active. If you want to present, simply release your screen content for transmission by pressing a button. And other participants can easily and intuitively show content such as Excel tables, documents, pictures, films etc. simultaneously on a display.
What Advantages does ClickShare have?
- Super easy to use: Plug - Click - Share
- BYOD: everybody can use his own device
- IT-friendly: seamless integration into existing network and IT infrastructure
- Easy to integrate: no installation, no cables, no software
What Rooms are Suitable for Wireless Presentation Systems?
In general, they can be used in any place with a wireless connection. In particular: conference rooms, classrooms, meeting rooms or lecture venues, where you can benefit from working with a cross-platform system. This way each user has presentation or teaching materials available on his own PC or laptop. The interaction of present and distant users makes it really convenient. As long as you are within the signal area, you can access all available information.
Wireless presentation systems send slides from multiple sources to the projector or interactive display in the meeting room. Check out our Best Mini Projector for Business Presentations in 2023 list.
Now it's quite obvious, there are many reasons to choose a wireless multiuser presentation system: the work processes in your company will rapidly turn into more effective, interaction between employees will be improved and your team will be able to optimize all working processes within the company and with partners or customers.