Why Mini Projector is Perfect for Business Presentations?
When you think about having a client presentation or simply giving a sales pitch or illustrating a business concept, the first thing that comes to your mind is investing in a portable and travel-friendly projector. Having a huge diagonal screen on your wall, after all, is significantly better than using your tablet, personal computer, or smartphone during business presentations. However, the primary issue there is the space. If you have a tiny conference room or office, having those 75-inch projector is overwhelming. Here, the best mini projector for business presentations comes in very handy.
Mini portable projectors offer you several advantages. Whether you are watching TV or doing your business presentation, having a mini projector on hand gets you that diagonal screen of up to 100 inches. Although this will very much depend on your wall’s size, or how short or long a projector you have, these mini projectors will really do their job.
To help you with your mini projector shopping, below there is a list to consider.
6 Best Mini Projectors for Business Presentations – Overview & Rating
|Epson PowerLite 1781W WXGA, 3,200 lumens color brightness, Portable Projector
|ASUS ZenBeam S2 Portable Mini Wireless Projector with Speakers 500 Lumens
|Nebula by Anker Mars II Pro 500 ANSI Lumen Portable Projector
|VANKYO LEISURE 3 Mini Projector
Best Smart Portable Design
|ViewSonic M1+ Portable Smart Wi-Fi Projector with Dual Harman Kardon Bluetooth Speakers
|LG PF50KA Portable Full HD LED Smart Projector
- Connectivity Technology: VGA, HDMI, RCA, WiFi high-speed LAN module. Resolution: 1280 x 800
- Built-in Battery: No required. Built-in Storage: Yes
- Speaker: Yes
This is on top of the list for a reason. The Epson Powerlite 1781 WXGA is a wide-screen, ultra slim, wireless projector that allows you to easily adjust the image, making it the perfect choice especially for wide-screen business presentations. Only weighing 4 pounds, this wireless mini projector for a business presentation provides 3,200 lumens of white brightness, and 3,200 lumens of color brightness. The native resolution is 1280×800 and focus can be adjusted using a ring on the body or buttons on the remote control. A slideshow flash drive can be inserted into the USB port. The device comes with a carrying bag, it also has enough space in a backpack.
Interfaces available include VGA, HDMI, RCA for video, audio input, and Wi-Fi for wireless connection to the signal source. There’s NFC for fast pairing with your smartphone via the Epson iProjection app. At the same time, the manufacturer has not taken care of the possibility of audio output to external speakers, only the built-in 1W power is used. Although it is enough for presentations.
- Travel-friendly and lightweight
- Accurate and vivid colors
- Offers sharp images
- Fast and easy image adjustments
- You can share HD videos
- Easy wireless set-up from a mobile device
- Compatible with the most recent laptop models and media players
- Wireless sometimes lag
- Connectivity Technology: USB-C (signal input and power delivery), USB output, wireless mirroring, and HDMI. Resolution: 1280 x 720
- Built-in Battery: 3.5 hours. Built-in Storage: Yes
- Speaker: Yes
This portable mini wireless projector gives you that bright and crisp short throw images of up to 500 lumens. With a 720p autofocus and 2D Keystone correction, coupled with a 6000-mAh battery that can deliver up to 3.5 hours of playtime, the ASUS ZenBeam S2 is a good investment. It also features 2W speakers running on SonicMaster Technology to guarantee rich and clear sound.
This projector is one of the best mini projectors for business presentations because of its automatic horizontal and vertical keystone adjustment up to 30 (+/-) degrees. You can place the projector off-center and still stand in front of your audience without potentially blocking the image. ZenBeam also has a built-in, 6000mAh battery that can run up to 3.5 hours of operation. This makes it perfect, especially for longer presentations.
- Perfect for multi-use
- HDMI and USB-C Connectivity
- Wireless projection
- Built-in speaker SonicMaster
- Some light can escape on corners of the screen
- Only works on the iPad
- Connectivity Technology: HDMI, USB, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and Screen Mirroring. Resolution: 1280 x 720
- Built-in Battery: 3 hours. Built-in Storage: Yes
- Speaker: Yes
Brighter is always better. And accurate enough, Nebula by Anker Mars II lived up to that cliché. With a DLP Intellibright technology, this projector can emit 500-ANSI-lumen images at razor-sharp 720p for the most breathtaking video quality you can ever have. This mini projector for business presentation and movie watching also features Cinematic sounds.
Anker’s Nebula Mars II Pro is not the most compact and bright projector, but it offers an excellent balance of features, image quality and price. The native resolution is 1280×720 pixels. With 500 lumens brightness the display can be up to 150 inches, but during the day in a well-lit room it’s worth keeping within 100 inches. The device runs on the Android operating system, and you can download the necessary applications directly to the projector. Instead of a remote control, you can use an app on your smartphone.
The built-in rechargeable battery provides up to 3 hours of operation. The model is equipped with two loud speakers -10W each, one HDMI to connect to a notebook, and a USB port. The Nebula Mars II Pro also fits into a medium-sized backpack and has a convenient carrying handle on top.
- Bright images
- Vertical and horizontal keystoning
- Automatic clarity
- You can control using your phone
- Extensive compatibility
- Blockbuster sound
- Shallow tripod mount
- no Chromecast support
- Connectivity Technology: VGA/USB/Micro SD/AV. Resolution: 1920 x 1080
- Built-in Battery: No. Built-in Storage: Yes
- Speaker: Yes
This mini projector features an innovative cooling system with heat dispersion, plus a noise suppression technology designed to cut fan sound in half, which is very important for business presentations. For the best viewing experience, The VANKYO Leisure 3 supports 1920×1080 resolution, and is powered by MStar Advanced Color. It also comes with two built-in speakers. Apart from movie viewing, this portable projector is also ideal of photo browsing. You can also connect it to your smartphones and enjoy the work. It also comes with a customized bag for convenient storage and easy carry. The screen size of this projector can range between 32 inches to 170 inches, and with a projection distance from 4.9 feet to 16.4 feet.
- Can be connected to a smartphone
- 60% brightness
- 2000:1 contrast ratio
- Plug and play
- Comes with a carrying bag and tripod
- Focus and keystone adjustment is not that clear
- Picture quality may suffer
Best Smart Portable Design
- Connectivity Technology: USB-C, HDMI. Resolution: 854 x 480
- Built-in Battery: 6 hours. Built-in Storage: Yes
- Speaker: Yes
The most compact projector in our list has an integrated stand with adjustable tilt angle. And a built-in battery provides up to 6 hours of battery life. It can project a 100-inch image from 8 feet and 9 inches away, but if you have to work in a shaded room, 80 inches is the limit. Harman/Kardon quality speakers are also worth mentioning. Due to the low resolution of 854×480, small text in presentations will be difficult to read. In addition to HDMI and USB port, ViewSonic M1+ has a universal USB-C connector and a slot for microSD memory cards. There is also a 16 GB drive for storing files. A bonus is the Smart TV interface with access to popular video services. This projector also uses the latest state-of-the-art LED technology that is lamp-free and mercury-free.
The ViewSonic also comes with an integrated micro SD card slot. It also has a built-in USB type-A reader so you can easily play back your videos, photos, as well as other multimedia files without having to have the device connected to your PC. This USB type-A port also allows you to charge your other compatible smart devices.
- Loud speakers
- Advanced LED light sources
- Integrated micro SD card clot
- Built-in USB type A readerport
- Smart stand for easier set up
- Low resolution
- Low brightness
- Too sensitive focus wheel
- Connectivity Technology: USB-C, HDMI, wireless. Resolution: 1920 x 1080
- Built-in Battery: 2.5 hours. Built-in Storage: Yes
- Speaker: Yes
This portable full HD LED smart home theater projector provides full HD clarity anywhere. It has a built-in battery that can last up to two-and-a-half hours of videos and business presentations with its 100-inches and 600ANSI lumens brightness. For added convenience, this mini projector also comes with a feature called Screen Share where you can wirelessly connect to any compatible tablet, smartphone, and other wireless devices. It also has Bluetooth to connect your headphones and speakers. Naturally, there are also disadvantages. The LG PF50KA has no autofocus, which is disappointing at the price. Two 1W speakers are average in quality and not too loud, and the battery provides maximum 2.5 hours of operation.
- Full HD resolution
- Smart TV Compatible
- Wireless versatility
- USB Type-C Connection
- USB Plug and Play
- LED Lamp Life
- Weak dynamics
- No autofocusing
- High cost
Why to Choose a Mini Projector for Business Presentation
TV sets are the best way to fully enjoy your favorite video games and shows, but far from being the best solution for displaying business presentations. Here the mini projectors are much more suitable. These small but affordable devices can works as a gigantic movie screen, being compact and portable at the same time. You can easily take them with you anywhere you go.
- Massive screens, perfect for a business presentation
- Doesn’t take too much space in the room or office
- You just need a smooth wall in your office to project the screen. Ideally, something light gray or white
- The more modern models come with a built-in integrated battery so you can conveniently take it with you anywhere
Things to Consider Before Buying the Best Mini Projector for Business Presentations
If you are thinking about having your own portable projector, there are several things you need to know prior to buying one. Apart from choosing your preferred model, you also take into consideration some technical aspects like pricing or image quality. Let’s look at them in detail.
- Image Quality. Some projectors can deliver images at 4K resolution. It also features ample brightness levels to support HDR contents mostly offered by other platforms. When scouting for a mini projector, check the brightness and resolution of the model. Decent portable mini projectors offer resolutions between 480p and 720p. While this may seem very little, especially when you are thinking about 80-inch screens, this is actually more than enough. Just make sure to have a visiting distance of roughly 2 meters from the wall. In terms of brightness, mini projector lights have little power. It’s best to minimize your room light as much as you can. Meaning, the best way to enjoy your portable mini projector is during night-time, or when your window blinds are down.
- Connectivity. When you have an HDMI input and a headphone output, it’s best to look for a projector that comes with a Bluetooth connectivity. Thankfully, most models today meet that criteria. Depending on the device, there are those that include Android-based operating systems. Others have support for technologies like Miracast; a feature that lets you send your content wirelessly from your smartphone to the portable projector.
- Lamp Life. The most critical part of the projector is the lamp. Check the lamp hours data so guarantee the longest life possible. You also need to understand that unlike the TV, projectors are not suitable for all day use.
- Sounds and Drums (and other extras). Other features like batteries, integrated speakers, and other extras will add value to your projector. Most models only offer a power of about 1 or 2 watts, making them very low for movie watching (if used also for that purpose).
Care and Maintenance Tips for Mini Projectors
A projector is a major investment. It’s like buying a new computer monitor or TV set. It’s thus normal that you want it to last for longer time. With that, here are some helpful projector care and maintenance tips you can use to guarantee that the lifespan of your device will stay as long as possible.
Let it Cool
In any piece of electronic, extreme heat is a death sentence. Despite the birth of projectors with LED lamps, projectors still tend to develop heat, especially when you’re up for some movie marathon. With that, avoid operating the device over direct sunlight, or near heat sources. Common sense also dictates that you let the projector’s fan run for not less than two minutes to allow it to cool down. Now and then, clean out the projector’s fans as well. It’s also prudent to take quick breaks during your movie marathons. Remember, projectors operate in high temperatures, and overheating is highly possible without cooldowns or breaks.
Chill it Out
After you have shut down your projector, allow it to chill out even more. Avoid packing it up immediately. The device’s lamp filaments usually take longer times to cool down and packing the projector up immediately after use can potential break the wires of the device. It is best to allow the projector lamp to cool down. The projector’s fans are not enough to immediately cool down a hot projector.
Keep it Clean
To have the best viewing pleasure, it is imperative that you have your projector clean, specifically the lens. When you notice some blurring, it might not be because of low-resolution or low-quality videos. It may simply be because of the outer lens. You can use a lens cloth to clean the projectors lens.
Keep the Air Flowing
The fan and the air vent of the projector has to be flowing especially if the device is permanently secured and mounted. Try not to have an obstruction of the device’s air vent. You should also avoid operating your device in the absence of an air filter. Projectors without filters can draw dust into its vents and its optics.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I buy a commercial or a home theater projector?
Projectors are generally divided into two: home projectors and commercial projectors. The commercial projectors are usually utilized in conference rooms, offices, or business centers. They are not used in unlit rooms, and the viewers are mostly watching presentations. On the technical side of things, commercial projectors have to be bright enough so that texts and images are clearly visibly by the people watching. These projectors usually are about 3,000 to 3,500 lumens (for small to medium-sized conference rooms), and 6,000 to 8,000 lumens (for larger conference centers).
On the other hand, home theater projectors must be chosen, according to your needs. Let’s say, if you wish to go out camping over the weekend, portable mini home projectors are the best options. The same goes if you love to watch movies in an unlit room.
What if I don’t have a dark room? Is the high brightness and high lumen projector an option?
Mini projectors work best in a shaded room. Sadly, not all places are not completely dark. For example, the living room will always have a spot where faint lights are visible. With that, go for a higher lumen projector.
If the movie quality is an issue to you, and you are blessed with a space dark enough for your viewing pleasure, then go for a portable projector with a higher resolution and impressive color and gray-scale performance.
What should I buy if don’t have that big of a space for watching? Is the short-throw projector my option?
Larger spaces like a conference room have plenty of space to project. Thus, you can secure your projector far enough from your screen to enlarge it. But make sure you pay close attention to your zoom distance. Getting too far out tends to shorten the focal length, thus resulting to a distorted picture. The image quality will also suffer.
For smaller rooms and indoor spaces, like 10 feet by 10 feet, the projection distance is very critical. A short-throw projector is advisable. There are mini projector models today that can give you a perfect viewing experience even at just 2.5 meters away.
What are my possible options in case I want to have a wireless projector?
Installing a home theater usually requires a lot of cables. Thus, choose a projector that features a zoom and lens shift function so that images will still be at its best quality. You may also opt for a short-throw projector.
These are just some helpful tips you need to consider before buying your own mini projector. When looking for the best mini projectors for business presentations, your options are endless. All you need is to consider what your needs and wants are.