CD Projekt RED studio held a demonstration of the updated The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
The new version of the game is designed primarily for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series consoles, but all the innovations will be available on PC.
The developers showed The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt story trailer, which shows the familiar to millions of gamers events, but with improved graphics and modern visual effects.
Here's What We Know
On a special stream gamdesigners CD Projekt RED told that the new version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will have the following innovations:
- Textures and models in 4K resolution;
- game mode in 60 fps;
- ray tracing;
- improved map with the ability to filter icons;
- built-in modifications from the community;
- fast downloads;
- at the press of a certain button, Geralt will now be able to walk slowly on PC as well.
- cloud saves;
- photo mode;
- on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series players will have a choice between higher resolution and increased frame rate.
- On PlayStation 5 the game will support all DualSense gamepad options.
In addition to technical and visual improvements, the updated version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will feature some references to The Witcher series from Netflix. So, Heralt will be available swords and armor, which were worn by his alter ego, played by Henry Cavill. New appearance will also receive and Buttercup (Jaskier). Players will also be able to replace the Nilfgaard uniforms with armor from the first season of the series, which was previously heavily criticized by viewers.
When We Can Expect It
Nextgen update of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be available for free to all owners of the original game from December 14 on PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series. From the same day the updated game will go on sale.
Recording of the Broadcast