LG SN6Y Sound Bar
LG SN5Y Sound Bar
LG SP9YA Dolby Atmos Soundbar
Bose Solo 5 Soundbar
Best Compact Size
LG Eclair QP5 Sound Bar
Best Versatile Soundbar
Polk Audio Signa S2
Best For CX & C1
Sonos Beam (Gen 2)
Best Soundbars for LG OLED TV
Best Soundbar for LG OLED TV
LG televisions offer excellent image and sound due to the use of cutting-edge technology. Yet, many TV owners especially those equipped with OLED screens, will purchase audio equipment so that you are able to create high-quality home surround sound similar to the quality of sound in the theatre. These could be home theaters or more sane analogs, called soundbars (powerful but compact mono speakers that have several speakers).
7 Best Soundbars for LG OLED TV C1 and C2 series
LG SN6Y is a price-performance, mid-range 3.1 soundboard that replaces the LG SL6Y. Like its predecessor, the SN6Y only comes with a sound bar and wireless subwoofer. It's not as functional as LG's Premium models, but at the same time, it's the most affordable option for those who want a dedicated center channel. The device can be expanded to 5.1 with a set of LG SPK8-S rear wireless speakers, which are sold separately. LG SN6Y's one of the main competitors is Sony HT-G700, which costs more.
LG SN6Y is almost identical to its predecessor LG SL6Y. It has a simple design with a classic, traditional sound bar style. The SN6Y is powerful enough. It may even be louder than its predecessor. This is an advantage if you're having a party. In spite of this advantage, the sound of the soundbar is a bit compressed, especially in the low frequency range. But at normal listening volume, the distortion is negligible.
This is a 3.1 soundbar with no surround sound channels. Surround content is mixed from stereo and distributed between the front three speakers. This means that you don't get the effect of real surround sound. Unfortunately, the SN6Y does not have a 3.5mm auxiliary port, making it difficult to play music on an MP3 player. The LG SN6Y speaker panel does not have eARC, it only supports Dolby Digital and DTS via HDMI ARC. The device converts these formats to stereo. Because of this, advanced surround sound formats such as Dolby Atmos, DTS: X, 5.1 PCM are not available.
- Excellent center channel performance
- Good stereo effect
- Premium design
- Surround sound mixing is not top notch
- Bluetooth wireless playback options are limited
- Apps only work on Android
The LG SN5Y is the perfect soundbar for anyone looking for an easy to use, quality audio experience. With support for Dolby Digital and DTS, as well as DTS Virtual: X, this soundbar provides a surround sound experience that is sure to please. The low profile design of the SN5Y makes it easy to place under your TV, and the night mode ensures you can enjoy your movies and shows without disturbing others in the room.
- Good sound quality
- Plug-and-play design
- Optional surround speakers are wireless
- Low cost
- Mid-range is a little lacking
- No backlit remote
- No real surround activity
The LG SP9YA is the perfect soundbar for anyone looking for great audio quality without any complicated features. It's simple, stylish, and easy to use - just connect it to your TV and start enjoying amazing sound. Plus, with AI Room Calibration, you can customize the sound to perfection based on the room you're in. If you're looking for a top-of-the-line soundbar that delivers incredible sound without any fuss, then look no further than the LG SP9YA.
This 5.1.2 soundbar has been upgraded with even more features than its predecessor, the LG SN9YG. With Apple AirPlay, more EQ presets, and the 2021 LG TV AI Processor, you'll enjoy amazing audio quality that brings your entertainment to life. Meridian Technology ensures accurate reproduced sound, making this soundbar perfect for any home theater setup.
- Can be integrated to your SmartHome system
- Bluetooth support
- Comes with all you need out of the box
- Rather heavy
- No Wi-Fi support
Its Bose Solo 5 TV Soundbar is also a good sound system. The soundbar was designed to be completely original and very similar to what you would expect from a real sound system. It'll provide great audio quality and depth that is superior to any other audio medium you could get.
It is a single soundbar which has superior sound quality when compared to your TV. It provides you with the most efficient service available and guarantees your satisfaction throughout the day using the most advanced technology.
The system also has the ability to use a dialogue mode that makes each word and every detail shine through. This is great for watching films and enjoying the most dramatic moments. There is an option for Bluetooth connectivity that allows you to stream music from your devices wirelessly. The soundbar has a connection to the TV as well. It can be connected to this optical input from the Coaxial audio output or an 3.5 millimeter audio input for playing music.
- Many input methods
- It is of exceptional quality
- Remote control available
- The additional speakers to be purchased as a separate item
Best Compact Size
If you're looking for a stylish and compact Dolby Atmos soundbar for your smaller apartment or condo, the LG Eclair QP5 is a great option. It's one of the smallest soundbars we've tested, but it still delivers decent sound quality. There are several EQ presets available to help you customize the sound to your liking, and Dolby Digital and DTS support ensures compatibility with your favorite movies and TV shows.
- Bass and treble adjustments
- EQ presets
- Fits any room
- Lacks low-bass and no the best Atmos performance
Best Versatile Soundbar
You don't have to be a sound engineer to enjoy Polk Audio's Signa S2 Soundbar. This top-of-the-line soundbar is equipped with Polk Adjust Technology, which automatically fine tunes audio production for any type of content. Whether you're watching a movie or streaming music, the Signa S2 will provide clear, nuanced sound that will bring your favorite content to life. In addition, the Signa S2 features Dolby Digital decoding and built-in Bluetooth for easy wireless streaming from your mobile devices. So whether you're looking for an immersive home theater experience or simply want to boost the audio on your TV, the Signa S2 is the perfect solution.
- Bluetooth built in for music streaming
- A wireless subwoofer included
- Easy setup
- Dolby Digital decoding
- Remote control is not the most convenient
Best For CX & C1
Are you looking for a top of the line soundbar? Look no further, because the Sonos Beam Gen 2 is everything you need and more! This soundbar has a universal panoramic sound feature that will give you an incredible cinematic experience. Whether you're watching your favorite movie or listening to music, the Sonos Beam Gen 2 will deliver crystal clear audio with rich surround sound. Plus, it's very convenient to use - you can control it via the Sonos app on your phone or tablet, or by using Amazon Alexa voice control. The sleek design of this soundbar is sure to complement any interior décor. So don't wait any longer - order your Sonos Beam Gen 2 today!
- 3D Surround Sound
- Smart TruePlay tuning
- Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- Compact size
- Not powerful enough for big living rooms
What Soundbar should I Choose for my LG OLED TV?
First of all, you shwhen choosing a product, you should pay attention to its power. The connection features are also important. Additional criteria may include the type of subwoofer, interface, number of channels and wireless ways to connect to the speaker.
Soundbar Power to Room Size Ratio
The main parameter of the soundbar you should pay attention to when choosing is its power. It is important to correlate it with the dimensions of the room where your LG C2 TV set is and where you plan to install and connect the soundbar. If the room is quite spacious (more than 55 square meters), you should look for a 200 watt soundbar, not less. In a room of 30-40 square meters, you can put a 100-150 watt soundbar. For a small room (up to 20 square meters) a soundbar with 60 watts will do.
Important: in order to enjoy all nuances of sound, it is not recommended to make the soundbar volume higher than 70% of full power. So, it is worth choosing such a model, which will be able to provide such a sound level.
According to this feature, active soundbars, with built-in amplifier and their own power supply, which are connected directly to the audio output of the TV set, and passive ones, which require additional amplification, are distinguished. Usually, the latter belong to professional class devices and together with an amplifier are generally more expensive than active ones. There are no passive soundbars among LG home devices. You can have a passive, if you buy from other brands.
LG Electronics equips its soundbars with a wide range of wired and wireless interfaces. Of the former, the most interesting option is the optical input, of the latter - Bluetooth. Pay attention that not all modern soundbars are equipped with the banal line input, because the sound quality, which it provides, does not fully correspond to the modern standards. On the contrary, Wi-Fi and network capabilities, on the contrary, are encountered more and more often, especially in the models of the middle and upper price segment.
What is in the kit
Ideally, a good soundbar must be completed with a bracket for hanging on the wall and a complete set of audio cables. In practice, more often than not the complete set is much more modest, even contrary to what is written at the sites of Internet-shops. So be sure to clarify this point before buying.
The actual lineup of LG soundbars includes only devices in 2.1 form-factor, consisting of the soundboard itself and an external subwoofer. It is also possible to meet soundbars without the latter, but in terms of surround sound quality and bass depth they, of course, lag far behind the competitors.
They are often forgotten, however it is very difficult to pack a sensible sound in a compact case. Therefore the more powerful the soundbar is, the more dimensional it is as a rule. The place and the way of its placement must be thought out beforehand, so that there will be no surprises at home.
Surround sound decoders
One of the main advantages of this class of devices is the ability to create a virtual surround sound due to cunning software algorithms and properly built reflection of audio waves from the room walls. The main thing is that the soundbar must support the surround sound decoder that encodes the sound track in the source. The 5.1 audio format is encoded in DTS and Dolby Digital standards. For more advanced 7.1 encoding, DTS:X and Dolby.
Benefits of the Soundbar
- Better sound quality of the TV and other connected external devices.
- Ability to play audio and video content of different formats via external storage devices.
- Support for mobile devices via Bluetooth.
- Compact size (compared to home cinema) with comparable power and sound quality.
- Intuitive control (with remote control or in some modern models with voice commands).
How to Install a Soundbar and connect to LG OLED TV?
There are models of soundbars that can only be placed on flat surfaces. For this purpose, special cabinets or TV tables are suitable. Sometimes they are mounted on suspended shelves installed under the LG TV itself. Setting up such equipment depends on the specific model and its features. To install a soundbar, you will need to read the instructions for use.
Before you connect the soundbar to the TV set, you need to properly install the panel, otherwise you will not be able to achieve surround sound of high quality. It is very easy to do this. All depends on the location of your LG TV. If it is placed on a special pedestal or a stand, you shall place the soundbar directly in front of it, previously making sure the panel will not obstruct the TV screen and will not create any obstacles for controlling the TV set with the remote control.
Some models of soundbars can be fixed directly on the TV set stand. If you place the panel inside a cabinet/stand, make sure that it is pushed forward as far as possible and that the sides and back walls do not interfere with the sound. It also goes without saying that there should not be any foreign objects or obstacles, such as cabinet walls or doors, in front of the soundbar.
Important: If the soundbar model you purchased supports the Dolby Atmos or DTS:X option, in which the sound is reflected from the ceiling, the location inside the cabinet will have to be abandoned.
In the event that your LG TV is located on the wall, it is optimal to place the soundbar directly underneath it. Most varieties of modern wall mounts for TVs assume a similar placement and have additional mounts for the media panel.
Once you've positioned the soundbar, it's time to start connecting the panel to your LG TV and adjusting all the necessary settings.
Connecting the soundbar to the LG OLED TV: a step-by-step menual
1. Soundbars are divided into 2 categories according to how they are connected to the TV: active and passive. An active soundbar is essentially an independent audio system that you can connect directly to your TV. A passive soundbar can be connected to the TV exclusively through an AV receiver.
2. The most common way to connect soundbars to TVs is with an HDMI interface. In rare cases, RCA or analog connectors are used for this purpose. Analog connectors will not be able to provide high sound quality, so you should use this method only in the most extreme cases. It is also undesirable to connect the Soundbar to the TV using a headphone jack (miniJack-2RCA cable). The most important advantage of the HDMI method is that in this case the Audio Return Channel (ARC) option is active. It means that the soundbar turns on simultaneously with your LG TV set, and the sound level on both devices can be adjusted with one remote control.
3. After connecting the soundbar, set the desired parameters. To do this, you need to:
- Use the remote control to enter "Settings" menu.
- Select the "Audio" section and set the "Digital Audio Output" item to "Auto". Some LG TVs also need to turn on the Simplink option.
4. The way to connect the soundbar to the LG C1 or C2 TV using an optical cable has also proven to be a good solution. In this case, the sound quality is also optimal, as well as it is not affected by electromagnetic radiation, which can create interference in sound transmission. Connection is made using connectors labeled Optical Out (Digital Out on some models) on the TV and Optical In (Digital In) on the soundbar.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I connect my LG TV to my soundbar via HDMI?
You can connect it to your LG TV through a single HDMI cable. To connect the two devices together, first turn on the TV and the soundbar. Then connect the cable to one end of the soundbar's HDMI OUT port and the other end of the cable to the HDMI IN (ARC) port on the LG TV.
2. Is it possible to connect a Samsung soundbar to an LG TV set?
Of course! Any soundbar is compatible with LG TV! You can connect any brand soundbar via optical connection.
3. How do I connect a JBL Bar 2.1 to my LG TV?
1) Use a high-speed HDMI cable to connect the HDMI OUT connector on the digital device to the HDMI IN connector on the sound bar. Connect the sound bar to the TV through the HDMI OUT (ARC) connector. 2) Press the SOURCE button on the remote control until HDMI 1 is displayed on the display panel.
4. What is LG Sound Sync on LG TVs?
LG TVs have a Sound Sync setting, which is a software correction to synchronize picture and sound. For example you may have noticed when playing a video the actors lips do not match the sound. Here Sound Sync should synchronize the video and sound.