The AFU shot down a rare Russian ZALA Lancet-3 kamikaze drone for the first time
The Armed Forces of Ukraine managed to land a Russian bomber ZALA "Lancet-3.
What is known
A photo of a downed unmanned aerial vehicle appeared in the network. It was landed by Ukrainian defenders in the Zaporozhye region. ZALA "Lancet-3" is a rather rare Russian kamikaze drone. Previously, there was not a single confirmation that Russia was using it in the war against Ukraine.
Propaganda often told that ZALA "Lancet-3" is a barraging munition that has no analogues in the world. Until now, the only confirmation of the drone's use was a video taken in Syria. You can watch it below.
ZALA The Lancet-3 was introduced in 2019. It is a reworked version of the ZALA "Cub UAV" drone. This is the model, indeed, often seen in the skies over Ukraine. The developer of the drone is the company ZALA AERO GROUP.
ZALA "Lancet-3" has a takeoff weight of 12 kg. The payload mass is 3 kg. There is also a version of the "Lancet-1". It is 7 kg lighter and can carry a payload of 1 kg. The maximum speed of both drones is 110 km/h during horizontal flight and 300 km/h during target attack. The range is 40 km.
For those who want to know more:
- Beautiful video of M777, HIMARS and Javelin destroying Russian tanks, ammunition depots and military bases published
- Canada will send LAV II ACSV armored vehicles with 7.62 mm machine guns to Ukraine in July
- U.S. senators call for sending long-range missiles to Ukraine for HIMARS
- Ukrainian Drone Army sends first DJI Mavic and DJI Phantom drones to the front
- Ukrainian military created a kamikaze drone without waiting for MQ-1C Gray Eagle deliveries