Sony told about the innovations that the PlayStation 5 will receive. Among them is another resolution, the ability to create folders and more. However, before the update was sent to the participants of the testing program.
According to senior vice president Hideaki Nishino, Sony continues to introduce features based on the wishes of users. The update includes the following additions:
- 1440p resolution - if the game supports this size, it will run in native resolution. If the native resolution is higher than 1440p, gamers will still get a bonus in the form of improved anti-aliasing.
- That said, VRR still only works at 1080p or 4K resolution.
- Lists of games in the library. The system allows you to create up to fifteen lists of a hundred projects each.
- Ability to compare stereo and 3D audio on the same screen.
- Easier access to track game progress. Cards with activities in progress will begin to appear higher in the game hub.
- A number of social features, including the option to ask to show the screen, as well as stickers and voice messages in Game Base.
The beta update is available to a limited number of test program participants. The features presented in the update will go to all other gamers by the end of 2022.