Take-Two quarterly report: total sales of GTA - 385 million copies, and Red Dead Redemption 2 is the second best-selling game in the US for the last 5 years
By: Vladislav Nuzhnov | 08.11.2022, 18:05
Take-Two published a quarterly report in which it became known about the total sales of GTA V, Red Dead Redemption 2 and other games.
Here's What We Know
It is worth talking about each franchise separately:
Grand Theft Auto:
- One of the most successful, iconic and critically acclaimed brands in the entertainment industry
- Total sales of the series reached 385 million
- The circulation of GTA V exceeded 170 million
- GTA V earned $1 billion the fastest in the history of video games
- The most popular game of the last 10 years in the United States
However, as noted by analyst Benji-Sales, for the last 3 months GTA V sales amounted to only one million copies. This indicates that the game began to sell worse. In general, this figure is quite good, but not for this project.
RED DEAD REDEMPTION:
- The franchise has sold over 70 million copies worldwide
- Red Dead Redemption 2 has sold over 46 million units
- Red Dead Redemption 2 is the second best-selling game in the US over the past 5 years
Games by 2K studio:
- The most popular basketball simulator
- The franchise has sold more than 130 million copies worldwide
- NBA 2K League is the first eSports discipline co-created with a US professional sports league
- Borderlands: the franchise has sold over 77 million copies worldwide. Borderlands 3 has sold 16 million copies, making it the most popular game in the series.
- Bioshock: the franchise has sold over 41 million copies worldwide.
- SID MEIER'S CIVILIZATION: the franchise has sold over 63 million copies worldwide. This makes it one of the most popular strategy games on PC.
Also during the report, Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick assured that the leak of Grand Theft Auto VI data does not affect the development of the game.