Nintendo has reported its financial results for the first quarter of the current fiscal year and shared updated sales statistics for its games and consoles.
Here's What We Know
As of 30 June, the Japanese company had sold a total of 129.53 million Nintendo Switch units, with 3.91 million units sold over the three months. Users bought the OLED version of Switch most often in the first quarter, with 2.83 million consoles.
Total game sales for Nintendo Switch have surpassed one billion copies! The exact sales figure is 1,088.35 million copies.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe remains the most popular game for Nintendo Switch, with sales of 55.46 million copies. The report separately mentions that The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom has performed well, having already sold 18.51 million copies.
The Top 10 best-selling games for Nintendo Switch:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 55.46 million;
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 42.79;
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 31.77;
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 30.65 million;
- Super Mario Odyssey - 26.44 million;
- Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield - 25.92 million;
- Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - 22.66 million;
- Super Mario Party - 19.39 million;
- The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - 18.51 million;
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - 16.17 million.