On Monday night, a cell phone caught fire in the cabin of an Alaska Airlines flight that landed in Seattle from New Orleans. That phone was a Samsung Galaxy A21, Perry Cooper, a Seattle airport spokesman, told the source.
An Alaska Airlines spokesman said the flight crew used fire extinguishers and a bag to protect the battery to "keep the phone from going up in smoke." Passengers were evacuated from the plane via evacuation ramps "due to the foggy conditions in the cabin."
A Twitter user who reported being on this flight described the cabin as "like a smoke machine."
Passengers were taken by bus to the terminal, Seattle-Tacoma International Airport tweeted, and two passengers were treated at a local hospital, an Alaska Airlines spokesman said.
Source: seattletimes, flySEA,
Illustration: Alaska Airlines