Ukrainian manufacturer of PD-2 UAVs opens office and production in Poland
Ukrainian drone manufacturer PD-2 UkrSpecSystems announced that it plans to open an office and production facility in Poland.
What we know
The company announced this on its official Facebook page. This way UkrSpecSystems will be able to safely and efficiently cover the needs of Ukrainian defenders.
"To meet the needs of the Ukrainian army, we have decided on an unprecedented step and are now moving to a new office and setting up production of PD-2 complexes in Poland, together and with the support of our partners," the company said in a statement.
For those who do not know
PD-2 is an unmanned aerial vehicle with a fixed wing. It can take off from the runway as well as vertically. The operation time on one charge is 12 hours. The drone is equipped with a camera with a 30 x zoom. It is complemented by a thermal imager with 5x zoom.The UAV supports automatic target tracking. The manufacturer claims to be able to determine target coordinates at a distance of more than 5 km. One more peculiarity of PD-2 is a usage of military communication standards with pseudo-random frequency reconfiguration. This increases resistance to signal jamming agents.
For those who want to know more
- Media: Ukraine plans to buy German Leopard 2 tanks from Spain
- Is the US HIMARS working again? One of the largest Russian weapons depots burns in occupied Donetsk
- Ukrainian military will use Italian MLS SHIELD armored vehicles
- Thunder of the Rashists: AFU showed how they use HIMARS MLRS to destroy enemy depots and manpower at night
- Ukrainian UAV R18 destroyed a Russian tank (video)
- AFU uses Francogerman MILAN portable anti-tank missile system (video)
- 20 Bushmaster vehicles, 12 M113 armored personnel carriers and equipment for border guards: what will be included in the new Australian military aid package for Ukraine
- Ukrainian SAMs have already shot down over 530 Russian air targets
- Ukraine's Security Service destroyed heavy Russian equipment worth of $45,000,000 using a UAV
- Ukraine will receive a new batch of French SAU CAESAR with a range of up to 42 km in the coming weeks