It's official: US announces new military aid package for Ukraine, to include ammunition for HIMARS and CyberLux K8, Switchblade 600, Altius-600, Jump 20 UAVs
By: Myroslav Trinko | 24.02.2023, 12:29
The United States of America has announced a new military aid package for the AFU to mark the anniversary of Russia's full-scale invasion of Ukraine.
Here's What We Know
According to a Pentagon press release, the new package is for $2,000,000,000. It includes:
- additional ammunition for HIMARS;
- additional 155mm artillery rounds;
- ammunition for laser-guided rocket systems;
- CyberLux K8 UAVs;
- Switchblade 600 kamikaze drones;
- Altius-600 UAV;
- Jump 20 UAVs;
- UAV detection and electronic warfare equipment;
- de-mining and secure communications equipment;
- funding for training, equipment maintenance.
The assistance package will be transferred through the Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative (USAI) programme. That is, the ammunition and weapons will not be taken from US reserves, but will be ordered from manufacturers. No information is available yet as to when supplies will begin.