A couple of weeks ago in India there was another case of OnePlus Nord 2 smartphone spontaneously combusting. And here's the story got an unexpected sequel.
The incident was reported by the owner of the smartphone, a lawyer from India, on social media. According to him, the gadget caught fire and exploded right in the courtroom. The man assures that the battery was about 90% charged, as the smartphone had not been used before the incident. As a result, the victim says he has burn injuries and pain in his ear, and the inhalation of toxic smoke has caused breathing and vision problems.
OnePlus division in India responded to the story, but in response accused the user of defamation. The company even sent him a demand to stop the wrongdoing. "We will follow proper legal procedures to resolve this issue", - promised OnePlus.
In a letter, the manufacturer assures that the attorney refused to provide any evidence of damage, and the images he posted on social media suggest that some external force was applied to "the battery". In addition, the man refused any assistance from the company and failed to provide the required evidence that it requested. Therefore, his allegations were called unfounded.