Last week the new "smart watches" Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 and Galaxy Watch 4 Classic received a major update, but only for South Korean users. Now the same firmware has started rolling out and in other countries.
What has been added?
So now the rollout is happening in the US, the Netherlands and presumably other regions of the world. The update brings not only the November security patch, but also some new watch features. Here's the full list of changes:
- Added 4 types of new dials.
- My Photo Watch dial now supports GIF files, then there are animated images.
- Backup and restore order of dials and changed settings of pre-loaded dials is supported.
- Samsung Health has improved the heart rate accuracy algorithm and added a sensitivity option to fall detection feature.
- Added a new control gesture that allows you to launch apps or functions immediately.
- Supported mute state (icon, mute/unmute state) during conversation on phone.
- Improved system stability and reliability.