Corporation Meta introduces some innovations for Instagram users in Ukraine and Russia.
What is known
For the sake of security, the company will hide the subscriptions of social network users in these regions.
In addition to this, Meta will start labeling propaganda accounts that are controlled by the Russian authorities. Their publications will become less recommended, as well as shown in Stories and Reels.
By the way, similar innovations have recently been introduced in the Facebook social network, which has recently begun to be blocked in the Russian Federation.
A source: Meta
For those who want to know more:
- Hackers hacked the websites of the Federal Penitentiary Service, Roskomnadzor, the Ministry of Culture, the Ministry of Energy and other Russian departments
- Netflix stops work in Russia due to the invasion of Ukraine
- Hackers Anonymous "put down" the website of the FSB of Russia
- Following Apple: Samsung stops deliveries of smartphones and other electronics to Russia
- Elon Musk supported Ukraine and announced the launch of Starlink satellite Internet
- Kyivstar, Vodafone Ukraine and lifecell blocked access to subscribers in Russia and Belarus
- Ukraine asks Mark Zuckerberg to block Facebook and Instagram in Russia
- PrivatBank clients can transfer money to help the Armed Forces of Ukraine from the "Bonus+" account
- Durov promises not to block Telegram in Ukraine
- Cyberpolice has created a chatbot and a Telegram channel to block misinformation
- Monobank has created a page through which you can quickly send money to the Ukrainian Army
- Thank you, Elon Musk: Ukraine received the first batch of StarLink satellite Internet stations
- Ajax Systems launched an application that notifies Ukrainians about air raid alerts
- No iPhone, iPad, MacBook and AirPods: Apple stops supplying equipment to Russia
- Anonymous hackers hacked Roscosmos satellite control center
- Megogo opened free access to films, cartoons and audiobooks for Ukrainians
- Yakaboo opens free access to books in a mobile application
- Opir: a site that allows you to find grocery stores, gas stations, drinking water sources and bomb shelters