Popular health device and smartwatch maker Withings is out with its latest wearable. The ScanWatch Horizon comes with a classic stainless steel diver design with smart health, activity, and heart tracking, 30-day battery life, 100m water resistance, Apple Health integration, and more.
Withings announced the ScanWatch Horizon launch today in a press release saying “it is the first hybrid smartwatch inspired by the luxury diver watch tradition to deliver state-of-the-art health technology.”
ScanWatch Horizon features
- Clinically validated detection of atrial fibrillation by ECG
- Heart Rate scan every 10 minutes using a PPG sensor
- Clinically validated SpO2
- Automatic activity tracking (walking, running, swimming, distance, and calories burned)
- Training mode with up to 30 activities (measurement of distance, pace, and altitude)
- Fitness level assessment with VO2 Max
- Sleep monitoring (length, quality, sleep phases)
- Smart smartphone notifications
- Altimeter records floors traveled
- Water-resistant up to 10 ATM (100 meters)
- Up to 30 days battery life
The wearable is made from 316L stainless steel, uses sapphire glass for the display, and includes a 5-year warranty.
ScanWatch Horizon, like its products, has robust Apple Health integration. This automatically imports all of your activity, heart rate, and sleep data into iPhone.
ScanWatch Horizon is priced at $499 and comes in blue and green finishes. It’s available now from Amazon, Best Buy, direct from Withings, and more.
Ben Lovejoy, a colleague of mine, previously reviewed the ScanWatch original. You can find all details about comparing the hybrid smartwatch to Apple Watch :
- Apple Watch Diary: A comparison with the Withings ScanWatch
I think it is nice to have more smartwatches on the market. Withings has an excellent reputation for producing high-quality devices with advanced health functions.
While this probably won’t be an Apple Watch substitute for most, it offers a different and compelling set of features with a classic stainless steel diver design, 5-year warranty, 30-day battery life, and more.
One last thought, sleep tracking may not be the most comfortable with a solid steel watch, but if you’re used to wearing something like this, maybe you won’t mind.