Recently we wrote that Poland will buy from South Korea 580 K2 Black Panther tanks, 670 AS21 Redback armored vehicles, 48 FA-50 fighters and other weapons for $7 billion. As it turned out, this is not the only aircraft purchase the Poles are preparing.
What we know
In an interview with Defence 24, Polish Defense Minister Mariusz Błaszczak said that in addition to Korean FA-50 fighters, the Defense Ministry is also going to buy American F-15s. Initially, the Poles thought about buying F-16s, but Lockheed Martin is now focusing all its attention on the production of the new F-35s. There is now a huge queue for them.
In case you didn't know
The F-15 is an American all-weather tactical fighter of the fourth generation. It was adopted for service in 1976. The fighter has a low wing load, a dual-engine propulsion system, and twin-wing rear end. The crew of the plane consists of one person. Maximum flight speed is 2660 km/h.
Source: Defence 24
For those who want to know more
- The United States will transfer command and control vehicles to Ukraine. Most likely, they are needed to operate the M142 HIMARS
- The Come Back Alive Foundation bought the Bayraktar TB2 UAV for the AFU
- Ukraine received 50-60 Polish PT-91 Twardy tanks, but there will be more
- Ukraine will buy DJI Matrice 300 and FlyEye UAVs for $7,127,000
- Oleksiy Reznikov: Ukraine will receive Leopard tanks, but for now they will be used to train soldiers
- Jens Stoltenberg: NATO will give Ukraine hundreds of man-portable systems to combat UAVs
- 400,000 soldiers and more than 1,000 modern tanks: Poland is building the largest ground forces in Europe
- Rolls-Royce and Safran signed a contract with MBDA: the companies will work together to develop an engine for the FC/ASW anti-ship missile
- AFU uses German MAN Kat trucks to transport FH70 howitzers
- AFU uses Krab SAU with modern 155-mm shells, which can shoot up to 31 km
- Media: Ukraine wants to buy 11 IRIS-T SLM surface-to-air missile systems from Germany, contract worth 1,500,000,000 euros and may take 5 years