French self-propelled artillery installations CAESAR will be able to shoot up to 70 km
Italian concern Leonardo during the Eurosatory exhibition in Paris announced a new projectile for CAESAR self-propelled artillery mounts.
What is known
The novelty was called Vulcano GLR. She has already passed all the tests. Thanks to the projectile, the firing range of the French CAESAR self-propelled guns will increase from 43 to 70 km. In addition, Vulcano GLR will be able to destroy moving targets. By the way, because The CAESAR self-propelled guns have a 155-mm NATO standard caliber, so in theory, the new shells can also be used with other self-propelled guns. For example, Polish Krab or American M109.
Recall French self-propelled guns CAESAR have already destroyed 80 pieces of equipment of the Rashists CAESAR. For those who are not in the know, this is a French 155-millimeter self-propelled artillery mount designed to destroy manpower, artillery batteries, bunkers, as well as provide passages in minefields and field obstacles. She is capable of firing 6 shots per minute. It is served by 4-5 people.
For those who want to know more
- Germany to give Ukraine 30 Gepard self-propelled anti-aircraft guns, IRIS-T air defense system, Mars RSZV and other weapons
- Armed Forces of Ukraine received a German helicopter BO 105: it will help to take out the wounded from the front
- Armed Forces of Ukraine captured the Russian BMP-2 with modern and rare protection 675-sb3KDZ
- The Armed Forces of Ukraine use Polish RGP-40 grenade launchers of 40 × 46 mm caliber at the front
- Australia sent the first batch of tracked armored personnel carriers M113AS4 to Ukraine
- “Bees fly out to collect honey”: the Armed Forces of Ukraine showed how they use C-8 aircraft missiles from a makeshift ground installation
- Armed Forces of Ukraine with the help of a captured T-80BVM tank destroyed more than 30 pieces of equipment of the Rashists
- APU hit "Tochka-U" at the base of the Rashists, managed to destroy the BC and enemy equipment
- The UK bought and repaired more than 20 M109 self-propelled guns: now they are being sent to Ukraine
- British armored personnel carriers FV103 Spartan lit up at the front
- A rare Quantix Recon reconnaissance UAV from Aerovironment was spotted at the front of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
- US announces $1,000,000,000 in new military aid to Ukraine
- Rheinmetall Unveils Panther KF51: Next-Generation AI-Enabled Tank with Integrated Kamikaze Drone and Remote Control
- Armed Forces of Ukraine use rare S-300V1 anti-aircraft missile systems at the front
- Armed Forces of Ukraine with the help of M777 howitzers burned three Russian "Grad" (video)
- Congratulated on the "Day of Russia": AFU shot down a Russian Su-34 fighter-bomber