The AFU received rare French anti-tank mines HPD-2A2
According to military analyst @UAWeapons, Ukrainian defenders have received rare weapons.
What we know
We are talking about French anti-tank mines HPD-2A2. The mine is activated by a magnetic field that detonates a shaped charge when a vehicle passes nearby. According to the manufacturer, HPD-2A2 is capable of penetrating 150 millimeter armor. Moreover, it can be buried up to 1.5 meters deep.
Sorry for the typo - of course HPD-2A2, not HDP ????- ???????? Ukraine Weapons Tracker (@UAWeapons) July 7, 2022
HPD-2A2 includes a manipulation protection device that is sensitive to movement and signals generated by mine detectors. As of 2006, about 400,000 HPD-2 series mines have been created. It is used by the French, Belgian and Norwegian armies. It is also produced under license in Switzerland for the Swiss Army as Panzerabwehrmine 88 (aka Pzaw Mi 88).
Here is the result of the HDP2A2 being deployed- according to the source, this is what left of a Russian tank after it was blown up on a mine and then finished off with an AT launcher.pic.twitter.com/ZC6sBVkuKV- ???????? Ukraine Weapons Tracker (@UAWeapons) July 7, 2022
By the way, the AFU is already using HPD-2 at the front.
For those who want to know more
- South Korea prepares the KF-X (aka KF-21) fighter, which has been in development for 22 years, for its first flight (video)
- AFU uses M113G3DK armored vehicles at the front (video)
- Media: Media: Ukraine may receive 200 TPz 1 Fuchs amphibious armored personnel carriers from Germany
- The Ukrainian Armed Forces use the Ukrainian M113G3DK at the front: tell us what it is
- The Bayraktar Vanagas UAV, for which the Lithuanians raised €5,000,000, will be sent to Ukraine today
- Finland is preparing new military aid for Ukraine worth over 20,000,000 euros
- Ukrainian soldiers are already being trained in Great Britain
- Ukrainian air defense forces shot down two Kalibr cruise missiles worth almost $2,000,000 fired from a Russian submarine in the Black Sea
- SDF fighters destroyed Uragan MLRS with artillery and drone (video)
- Ukrainian manufacturer of PD-2 UAVs opens office and production in Poland
- Media: Ukraine plans to buy German Leopard 2 tanks from Spain
- Is the US HIMARS working again? One of the largest Russian weapons depots burns in occupied Donetsk