According to German Defense Minister Christine Lambrecht, Ukraine has received Mars II multiple-launch rocket systems.
What we know
The number of units is not said, but most likely we are talking about three MLRS. Recall that Mars II is the European modernization of the American M270 multiple rocket launcher system. It is equipped with the renewed Airbus Defence and Space fire control system, which allows the use of M31, M31A1, M32 and AT2 missiles. The firing range of the Mars II is up to 70 km.
Apart from RZDF, Germany promised to supply Ukraine in autumn with IRIS-T air defense systems (according to media information Media: Ukraine wants to buy 11 IRIS-T SLM surface-to-air missile systems from Germany, contract worth 1,500,000,000 euros and may take 5 years), three additional self-propelled PzH2000 and armored recovery vehicles.
For those who want to know more
- Turkish Armed Forces received the first batch of SUNGUR MANPADS
- Not only FA-50: Poland plans to buy American F-15 fighters
- The United States will transfer command and control vehicles to Ukraine. Most likely, they are needed to operate the M142 HIMARS
- The Come Back Alive Foundation bought the Bayraktar TB2 UAV for the AFU
- Ukraine received 50-60 Polish PT-91 Twardy tanks, but there will be more
- Ukraine will buy DJI Matrice 300 and FlyEye UAVs for $7,127,000
- Oleksiy Reznikov: Ukraine will receive Leopard tanks, but for now they will be used to train soldiers
- Jens Stoltenberg: NATO will give Ukraine hundreds of man-portable systems to combat UAVs
- 400,000 soldiers and more than 1,000 modern tanks: Poland is building the largest ground forces in Europe
- Rolls-Royce and Safran signed a contract with MBDA: the companies will work together to develop an engine for the FC/ASW anti-ship missile
- AFU uses German MAN Kat trucks to transport FH70 howitzers
- AFU uses Krab SAU with modern 155-mm shells, which can shoot up to 31 km
- Media: Ukraine wants to buy 11 IRIS-T SLM surface-to-air missile systems from Germany, contract worth 1,500,000,000 euros and may take 5 years