According to the information of the Operational Command "Pivden", the Russian modern helicopter Ka-52 crashed in Kherson region.
According to the information of the AFU, today, July 27, early in the morning three Ka-52 helicopters flew to attack the Ukrainian positions, but by mistake started shooting at their own. The latter, in turn, started shooting back. As a result, the Russians destroyed one of their helicopters as a "goodwill gesture”. According to OC Pivden, there were no casualties among the AFU soldiers during the operation.
In case you, suddenly, did not know
Ka-52 "Alligator" is Russian combat helicopter and army aviation command vehicle. It is capable of engaging armored and unarmored vehicles, manpower and aerial targets on the battlefield. It is an extension of the Ka-50 "Black Shark" model. One such helicopter costs about $16,000,000.
Source: OK Pivden
For those who want to know more
- Germany has handed over Mars II MLRS to Ukraine and intends to send IRIS-T air defense systems, as well as three additional PzH2000 anti-missile guns
- The Turkish Armed Forces received their first batch of SUNGUR man-portable air defense systems. It can identify and track targets
- Not just FA-50: Poland plans to buy American F-15 fighters
- The United States will transfer command and control vehicles to Ukraine. Most likely, they are needed to operate the M142 HIMARS
- The Come Back Alive Foundation bought the Bayraktar TB2 UAV for the AFU
- Ukraine received 50-60 Polish PT-91 Twardy tanks, but there will be more
- Ukraine will buy DJI Matrice 300 and FlyEye UAVs for $7,127,000
- Oleksiy Reznikov: Ukraine will receive Leopard tanks, but for now they will be used to train soldiers
- Jens Stoltenberg: NATO will give Ukraine hundreds of man-portable systems to combat UAVs
- 400,000 soldiers and more than 1,000 modern tanks: Poland is building the largest ground forces in Europe
- Rolls-Royce and Safran signed a contract with MBDA: the companies will work together to develop an engine for the FC/ASW anti-ship missile
- AFU uses German MAN Kat trucks to transport FH70 howitzers
- AFU uses Krab SAU with modern 155-mm shells, which can shoot up to 31 km
- Media: Ukraine wants to buy 11 IRIS-T SLM surface-to-air missile systems from Germany, contract worth 1,500,000,000 euros and may take 5 years