Apart from aircrafts FA-50, Poland will buy tanks and howitzers from South Korea.
What we know
According to agency PAP, referring to the Polish Ministry of Defense. The question is about tanks K2 Black Panther and howitzers K9 Thunder. The armament supplies will be divided into two stages. In the first phase, the Poles will buy 180 tanks and 48 howitzers. They will start to be shipped to Poland this year.
The second stage includes more than 800 tanks of the K2PL modification and more than 600 howitzers. Production of weapons of the second phase is planned to start in Poland in 2026.
In case you didn't know
K2 Black Panther is a modern South Korean main battle tank. It was adopted into service in 2014. The tank was developed by the South Korean Agency for Defense Development and Rotem (a division of Hyundai Motors). It has a crew of 3, a 120 mm gun Hyundai WiaCN08 with a 40 round ammunition and two machine guns: 7.62 mm MG 3i and 12.7 mm K6.
K9 Thunder is a modern South Korean 155 mm self-propelled artillery unit. The gunship was developed in the 1990s by Samsung Techwin at the request of the Ministry of Defense of the Republic of Korea. The unit has a crew of 5 people. The range of fire of the SAU is about 40 km.
For those who want to know more
- Minus $16,000,000: A Russian Ka-52 helicopter went down in Kherson Oblast without AFU assistance
- Germany has handed over Mars II MLRS to Ukraine and intends to send IRIS-T air defense systems, as well as three additional PzH2000 anti-missile guns
- The Turkish Armed Forces received their first batch of SUNGUR man-portable air defense systems. It can identify and track targets
- Not just FA-50: Poland plans to buy American F-15 fighters
- The United States will transfer command and control vehicles to Ukraine. Most likely, they are needed to operate the M142 HIMARS
- The Come Back Alive Foundation bought the Bayraktar TB2 UAV for the AFU
- Ukraine received 50-60 Polish PT-91 Twardy tanks, but there will be more
- Ukraine will buy DJI Matrice 300 and FlyEye UAVs for $7,127,000
- Oleksiy Reznikov: Ukraine will receive Leopard tanks, but for now they will be used to train soldiers
- Jens Stoltenberg: NATO will give Ukraine hundreds of man-portable systems to combat UAVs
- 400,000 soldiers and more than 1,000 modern tanks: Poland is building the largest ground forces in Europe
- Rolls-Royce and Safran signed a contract with MBDA: the companies will work together to develop an engine for the FC/ASW anti-ship missile
- AFU uses German MAN Kat trucks to transport FH70 howitzers
- AFU uses Krab SAU with modern 155-mm shells, which can shoot up to 31 km
- Media: Ukraine wants to buy 11 IRIS-T SLM surface-to-air missile systems from Germany, contract worth 1,500,000,000 euros and may take 5 years