UK will give Ukraine Blighter A422 radar: they will be able to detect UAVs at a distance of up to 20 km
British company Blighter Surveillance Systems announced that it plans to send its radar systems to Ukraine.
What is known
We are talking about A422 radars, which can be used to detect unmanned aerial vehicles. The deliveries of these radars are part of the British military aid. The first batch of devices is planned to be delivered this month.
“We are proud to be part of the broad UK military support package for Ukrainian forces. The versatility and reliability of the Blighter A422 radar as part of a comprehensively proven counter-UAV capability is very well suited to support and reinforce Ukraine's combat operations.
For those who are not in the know
A422 is a medium range military radar. It is capable of detecting and reporting air and ground targets at a distance of up to 20 km. The radar has interference suppression technology for operation near the horizon, in the city and on the coast. A422 can find moving targets and classify them using machine learning.
Source: Blighter Surveillance Systems
For those who want to know more
- The Armored Group has received a $23,200,000 order to supply BATT UMG armored vehicles to the military of an unnamed Eastern European country.
- Lithuania transferred 20 vehicles to Ukraine and is preparing to send 20 American M113 armored personnel carriers
- Here's How Ukrainian Su-25s Destroy Rashist Positions (video)
- Norway handed over 22 M109 self-propelled guns to Ukraine, which can shoot up to 30 km
- Poland will sign a contract with Ukraine for the supply of weapons worth almost $630,000,000
- Ukrainian defenders received Pinzgauer armored all-terrain vehicles
- French self-propelled guns CAESAR have already destroyed 80 pieces of equipment of the Rashists
- The Armed Forces of Ukraine use American M224 mortars at the front: we tell you what it is
- 122 BMP-1, 60 Stinger MANPADS, 20,000 AK-47 assault rifles and 1,100 RPG-18 anti-tank missiles: Greece told how many and what weapons it handed over to Ukraine